Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday Tales

I'm literally on a Girl's Night Out high right now. Oh, and our millage passed in our town to build a 2nd high school!!!  

However, I am sad that my friend, Rudy was not re-elected to his school board position.  He went above and beyond for our district to inform and include parents in the entire millage process.  We will truly miss his presence on our school board.

One of my good friends started a book club and this was our first meeting tonight.  Our book that we read was Defending Jacob.  OH.MY.GOSH. It was a crazy book!  I loved it though. Super page turner. And the funny thing?  I got it from the library LAST night.  I read the entire book in 24 hours.  Nuts! And my house has paid the price- my dishes are piled up in the sink!

The kids had their well child checkups today.  I knew going into it that they were going to get a flu shot and they were not happy about it.  Well, they ended up getting the mist, but they needed to catch up on another vaccination.  

Let me tell you- It is waaaay harder giving shots to a 7 year old than it is say, a 3 year old.  For one, my son is heavy and STRONG. He decided that he did not want the shot. Lawd.  It took 3 of us to pin that ox down.  C Girlie was SUCH a brave girl this year.  I was SO proud of her.  They both are doing so awesome.  So, so, so smart and growing so well!  B is such a tall boy and C is at the same percentile she always has been!

It's been a crazy busy day here, but it's a good kind of crazy.  I'm so thankful that I have friends to laugh and talk with.  It's so nice to have a little "adult" time in the midst of the weekly list of things to do!  Friends are a gift!

And, I should say, that I am very thankful for an awesome husband who helps me have that adult time.  He's a great partner and works so hard for our family!  He's my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog. I absolutely LOVE that you post about the food in NWA. We live in Fort Smith and go to NWA frequently. We always try to eat at a new place. I'll be using you as a reference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love meeting new people that live in the area and I know Ft. Smith very well!

      Delete

I always love hearing from you!