Monday, June 4, 2012

Celebrating life

Growing up, my family didn't really celebrate. Sure, we did holidays and birthdays, but we never blew it out. And we certainly didn't blow out any other types of things that are worth celebrating.

As I've gotten older, became a mother, lived life, whatever, I've grown to understand that LIFE is worth celebrating.

  • It's Friday night? Boom. Pizza and a movie. And throw in candy and popcorn. 
  • A big load of laundry needs folded? Folding party!
  • Good tee ball game? Let's get ice cream!
  • Birthdays- blow.it.out!
  • Christmas- Decorate the.entire.house!
  • whatever holiday it is- just do something!
  • Popsicles after swimming? fun!
  • Give things funny names just for fun? ok!
  • Have a family game night? sure!
  • Impromptu trip to the park? sounds good!
  • We love big weekend breakfasts!
  • We love making traditions
  • Our kids love stuff like camping in the backyard and roasting marshmallows on the firepit

We do things to make memories and although we do things that cost money, we also find many, many things to do that are completely free.

In the words of Kelle Hampton, we have "one wild and precious life" and I think that is worth celebrating.

7 comments:

  1. Well said (...I mean written?!) You get the point!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Life is totally worth celebrating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I love spontaneity in everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you and love the way you put it!! Love ya!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outlook and I'm right there with ya!!

    The husband always looks at me a little crazy wen I try and do something special for nothing. It's all about creating memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! You rock and I love y'all!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!