Thursday, September 22, 2011

Trying to do my best

There are only 24 hours in a day.

There are so many things I want to do.

I want to play with my kiddos and feel good.

I want to spend time with Tim and feel good.

I want to have energy.  I want to feel like running around.

I struggle with wanting to be a perfect wife, a perfect mother, a perfect friend, and I want to feel accomplished as a person too.

I want to have time to pray and read my Bible.

I want to cooked home-cooked, healthy meals.

I want to exercise.

How many of those things do I actually get accomplished?

It depends on the day.

I struggle so much with wanting to do ALL of them everyday.

And then I feel overwhelmed and then there are many days when I just don't feel good and none of that seems to happen.

And then I feel more overwhelmed.

I am trying to learn to veer away from perfection and live with doing my best.  The best that I can do.  I am trying not to compare myself to others.


I'm just trying to do my best.

4 comments:

  1. In order to take care of others, you need to take care of yourself. Maybe you can create a schedule and plug in all the things you would like to accomplish daily (With time frames). That way you wont spend too much time on one thing. You may feel balanced that way. I have been feeling the same way too and I have been seriously considering a schedule for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, totally need to do that. I know there are a couple of things preventing me from doing this all the time (i.e. too much time on the Internet) and that is all my fault. I need to learn to balance the time I spend and that has been very hard. I put too much pressure on myself as well. I've been trying to be a therapist to myself and trying to train myself not to do that! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you. Perfectionism has become paralyzing at times. So has the abundance of information out there. It causes me to procrastinate. I've really been trying to make a better effort of just taking one task at a time. But it's easy to get sidetracked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is so much information out there! It gets crazy at times. I have noticed a trend of "finding balance" posts from other bloggers as well. I think it is something we all need to step back and look at. We all need to prioritize our days. Or re-prioritize.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!