Sunday, June 12, 2016

the weekly recap {June 1-12}

Life has been busy lately and I have had a hard time getting motivated to blog. I want to have this as a place to store memories, but sometimes I can't find the strength to get on here!

On June 1st, C Girl got her bottom braces off!
 We also had a girl's day! I plan to do this with both the kids before they transition to a new school.
The next day was the 3rd grade famous Arkansan wax museum.  B Boy was Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys!
Tim was off on Friday and he joined me to go on C Girl's field trip to the Gentry drive through safari!
C Girl wanted to pet this pig so badly!
 I about died when I saw this baby jaguar!!!
It reminded me of the show, Go, Diego, go that B Boy used to be obsessed with!
Baby Bengal Tiger!
Tim and I had lunch at the Wooden Spoon. It was his first time and he loved it!
 Our baby robins were not in the nest long. They were out of the nest on Friday and we have not seen them since!
That night, we rented Inside Out. We love that movie!
Saturday, Tim took the kids fishing and that night we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire pit!
On Sunday, the kids sang with their school choir before the Natural's baseball game.
On Monday, C Girl had piano lessons and then we met people from church at the skating rink! The kids have only been once or twice in their life, so it was a shaky start! They were doing a lot better by the time we left.
This past week, I worked on cleaning and organizing the kids' rooms. It was a big job, but desperately needed to be done. The rooms look so much better! I'm working on cleaning and de-cluttering all the rooms in our house.
Wednesday, I had to have blood drawn and was there so long that I missed a PTO meeting!
However, Thursday night the PTO board all got together and we went over the plans for next school year. It will be fun and having friends on the board makes it even better!
Friday, Tim took the day off! We went to B Boy's end of the year party.
 His teacher is moving once the school year is over and we will miss her so! Some of the kids from his class performed a song for her during the party. It was so precious and made everyone cry!
I'm not posting the class picture but it was so sweet!
Tim and I spent the rest of the day together. We joined our community center, shopped and had lunch at Pei Wei!
Saturday morning, we went to the farmer's market.
It was an art themed event this time!
 B Boy had a birthday party that we dropped him off at. We went to Target and then got a treat at Yum Yo's.
 Once we picked B Boy up, we headed to an adoption party for friends from church who recently adopted a little girl that they have had through the foster system. They have such a great story and that girl is an answer to prayer. So happy for them!

They have a kitten and it was the star of the show. ALL the girls wanted to take it home or were begging their moms to get a kitten, including my girlie!
Today, we went to church and came outside to it storming!
We spent the rest of the day at home hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!