Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Baseball and parks

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
I set the blog to private a couple of weeks ago as I pondered what I was going to do about the effects of sharing our life. I had every intention of keeping it private, but it was not going to be feasible for some family to view the blog and that made me very sad. I'm not wild about the whole world being able to read, but I really want those who want to, to be able to see the blog. So, here we are, back to public view.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

We have had a full week of fun with Jessica and Parker. Sadly, they are leaving in the morning.

Sunday evening, kids from C's school sang before the Natural's game. 
We stayed to watch the Naturals play the Travelers (both AR teams!) and to celebrate Father's day!
Yoohoo! Family!
that's for Jessica!!!
The kids got to play catch with Tim on the field after the game!
 On Monday, I let the kiddos miss school so that we could spend some good family time with Jessica and Parker.
We had plans to go to a trail in the next town over and have a picnic and then hike for a bit.
We got all the way there, got out of the van and then realized that we left the cooler at home! I was so upset! We just headed back home to eat our lunch!
After we ate, we went to a local park and then had Krispy Kreme donuts for a treat!
I think that made up for our earlier disappointment! 
I was a naughty mother once again today and let the kids stay home from school!
We visited another local park that has fun faux rock structures and a nature trail that we walked on.
 I love their sweet cousin love!
One of C Girl's classmates had an end of the year swim party this afternoon. She had so much fun! 
She has had a wonderful class this year!

21 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back! I was just catching up on my reading yesterday and realized you weren't in my BlogLovin feed anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it must have been a difficult decision for you to go 'public' again but I have enjoyed reading your blog for quite awhile and keeping up with you and your sweet family! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy reading it :-)

      Delete
  3. So glad you are back. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and have been reading it for a while now. As a teacher, I love seeing all the fun things kids are doing at other schools. I also just love reading about your family adventures. You give us good ideas.

    Best of luck,
    Courtney in MI

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, am SO glad you're back. I'm happily married 44 yrs., mother of 5 married daughters, grandmother of 3, former school teacher, & I enjoy seeing your family & appreciate your efforts in training your children. Thanks for sharing, & keep striving for excellence! Lois in PA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for my snarky comment I left on your blog post about going to see Nelly in concert. Obviously, I'm not the Holy Spirit and it's not my job to try to convict you. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much appreciate your apology. I know it's very humbling to do that and I admire that.

      Delete
  6. Hi!
    I missed you!
    Sorry about the trouble you had with GOMI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know what GOMI was. Now I do.

      Delete
  7. Let's be honest here...If you really wanted to protect your family's privacy, you'd do just that and stay private. But the truth is, you require head pats. Validation. Attention. Admiration. And when you set your blog to private, all that went away. Your ego couldn't stand the void.

    Just be honest for friggin' sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you feel that way. The actual reason I'm not private is that my husband's sisters and some other family members do not have email and could not get an invite to read the blog. They are not technological and that makes it hard. I don't need any attention and I rarely even get comments on my blog. People still read my blog when it was private, and commented, so I'm not sure what extra validation you believe I get from not being private. I'm also not sure how I've ever did anything that makes it seem that I need attention. As with anyone, if you don't enjoy reading this blog, please don't. I have filtered out things in my life that I don't enjoy and it makes things a lot happier.

      Delete
  8. And I'm so certain you're just that insecure that you won't approve or publish my last comment. A confident woman would.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Guilty where I stand." I'm sorry I went there and posted. I have apologized here on this blog and at GOMI as well. I've learned to keep this big mouth shut. I'll end this how I ended my time at GOMI - "peace out".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly just had to google GOMI. I guess it's where people snark about blogs? I'm sure you aren't as worked up since leaving that!

      Delete
  10. You are the best mama ever! And that game looked amazing! How fun is that to go on the field? Love your pics. Always the best. Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading your blog and the fun things you do with your kids. I hate when people are mean to others...great comment about filtering things that stand in the way of happiness. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!