Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow of the century

Literally.  We haven't seen snow like this in Arkansas since the 1920's.  It started snowing early this morning and right now we have 14 inches with 2 foot drifts or more.  It is insane!
8 am
9 am
11 am
We are literally snowed in.  NO getting out.

It's hard to tell but there are more inches in each picture.  It's just a lot of snow.

Up to my knees.  Those are some high boots and they are buried.

The interstates are backed up and the National Guard has been dispatched.  And?  It's still snowing.

Snow on our roof. 


Our large snow drift


Hopefully we will go play in all this later and I will have some more pictures!

Happy Snow Day!

6 comments:

  1. I know...it's crazy here!! I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's a crazy amount of snow!! I don't think I've ever seen that much snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really crazy! This storm broke Arkansas's previous snow depth totals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!!!! That IS insane! We had snow like that around Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you're the blog above mine on FTLOB and oddly enough one of my good friends lives in Bentonville too! She's a Kindergarten teacher and I've been reading her posts on the snow-crazy! Thanks for sharing!
    www.ihearthicks.blogspot.com
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristy- that's really cool! Which school does she teach at? Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!