Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Deco Mesh Wreath Tutorial

I know that these wreaths are not new, but this is the first time I have attempted to make one.
I was so tired at looking at our old wreath that we had used for years.
Sooo, I did what anyone would do. I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up some red deco mesh and some glittery ornaments!
1. I stripped the old wreath of all the stuff on it.
2. Next, I rolled out a bunch of the deco mesh and then bunched up one end and twisted it secure with a branch of the wreath.
3. Then you "pouf" up the deco mesh and secure the next part with a branch of the wreath.  You continue to do this all the way around the wreath.
4. I fired up my hot glue gun and glued the glittery ornaments on the wreath. I also had some red glittery sticks with balls on them and some decorative leaves that I glued into it as well.
5.  I could have stopped there, but then I decided to use some small green glass ornaments that I had.  I also added another set of deco mesh "poufs" sort of in the back/top of the wreath.
So, what do you think? Do you like the way it turned out?  Have you ever made a deco mesh wreath?
I now realize why wreaths are so expensive! LOL
Here are a couple of more ideas I found on Pinterest:

12 comments:

  1. You did AWESOME!!!!! I'm totally not crafty enough to do this. Well, I haven't actually tried lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job!!
    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Like! I may have to try it also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally should Deedra, it was so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are realy good i bet it takes a long time to do that if u dnt kno what ur doin but it must have been easy for u

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this. I've been looking for the wire wreath to make one with the deco mesh. I didn't realize you could make one with this type of wreath. Hobby Lobby and Michaels have been out of the wire wreaths for a while. I already had the deco mesh. So now I can make mine! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job using an old wreath that you already had! That's what I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the idea! I have a couple old wreaths I just stripped. I'm about to use wreaths as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! I love how you reused what you had and turned it into unique piece of art.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!