I know that these wreaths are not new, but this is the first time I have attempted to make one.
I was so tired at looking at our old wreath that we had used for years.Sooo, I did what anyone would do. I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up some red deco mesh and some glittery ornaments!
1. I stripped the old wreath of all the stuff on it.
2. Next, I rolled out a bunch of the deco mesh and then bunched up one end and twisted it secure with a branch of the wreath.
3. Then you "pouf" up the deco mesh and secure the next part with a branch of the wreath. You continue to do this all the way around the wreath.
4. I fired up my hot glue gun and glued the glittery ornaments on the wreath. I also had some red glittery sticks with balls on them and some decorative leaves that I glued into it as well.
5. I could have stopped there, but then I decided to use some small green glass ornaments that I had. I also added another set of deco mesh "poufs" sort of in the back/top of the wreath.
So, what do you think? Do you like the way it turned out? Have you ever made a deco mesh wreath?
I now realize why wreaths are so expensive! LOL
Here are a couple of more ideas I found on Pinterest: