Monday, June 30, 2014

Sparacino family summer vacation Day 5 Mile High Stadium & the US Air Force Academy

Our second day in Denver, we had scheduled a tour of the Denver Broncos stadium- Sports Authority Field at Mile High.
We love football and I thought it would be so cool to tour an NFL stadium.
The tour was very cool and we learned lots of cool facts. A few places they would not allow us to go: the Bronco's locker room (it's sacred ground), the owner's skybox, and the officials locker room.
We toured media and press rooms, skybox suites (executive and normal), keg room, and the championship club room.
 There is an awesome view of Denver from one side. We also learned that the stadium is a big venue for high school proms, birthday parties and wedding receptions. Who knew?!
This is the visiting team's locker room. It is nicer than a lot of team visiting locker rooms, but the guide clued us in on the fact that they installed carpeting than can disorient you after a while! He said- Home field advantage!
We really, really enjoyed the tour!
After the tour, we headed to Colorado Springs. 
The United States Air Force Academy is located right as you come in to Colorado Springs. 
I thought it would be a great idea to go ahead and stop to visit and mark that off my list. 
I did not anticipate the bottom dropping out of the sky. It poured! We were able to drive around a bit and to see the visitor center. I thought we might have time to go back, but it never happened. I really, really wanted to see the Cadet Chapel! (picture below of Cadet Chapel not taken by me)
We left there and checked in to our hotel. We decided to hang out at the pool for awhile before getting dinner. There was also a hot tub and the kiddos LOVED it!
I don't blame them! I would much rather be in it than a cold pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!