Monday, January 13, 2014

the return of normalcy

Life may actually be getting back into a normal routine here again.  The kids had school Friday and will be there this entire week. Since mid October, they have been in school 6 weeks and out of school 6 weeks.  We have had lots of family time.

Friday night, we ate at one of our favorite restaurants- the Flying Fish.  We had received a gift-card to there as a Christmas gift.  It may have been one of our favorite gifts :-)

As of Saturday night, I have already completely read 4 books this year.  They have not been small books either.  I have definitely rekindled my love of reading lately. 
So, if you want to know what I did Saturday- I read. 
And Tim and the kids watched football.

We went to church yesterday for the first time since Christmas Eve.  It felt like it had been forever! The holidays and the weather have kept us from being there for almost 3 weeks.  I was so blessed by both services yesterday.  It was just what I needed.  
Sometimes I still feel like a small fish in a big pond at our church.  I'm still meeting people!   I still struggle to come out of my shell or know what to say, so I'm thankful for people who introduce themselves if we haven't met, or friends who come and talk to me.

Yesterday, the weather was beautiful!  Sadly, we did not get out and enjoy it because we were under a wind advisory and fire weather warning.  
The wind even tore a piece of siding off of our neighbor's house :(
I hung out with the kids in the playroom for awhile yesterday.  I don't do that very often anymore and it was fun to watch them play and listen to everything that they wanted to tell me.

This morning, we attended the Rise and Shine at the kids' school because C Girl was recognized as being a Kiwanis Terrific Kid for the month of January for her class!  
We are SO proud of her!  Her teacher told us this morning that it's a big deal to pick one kid a month for this award.  She said that C stands out and always works hard.  That meant so much to me!  
I know that academic and athletic awards are always a big deal, but to me, awards for character mean even more.  

This morning has been a quiet one.  I caught up on Downton Abbey from last night.  That show!  It is definitely a drama.  I can't wait to see what next week holds!

I'm also working on meal planning, making a grocery list, laundry, and a couple of other things.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow because our women's Bible study starts up again!
We have been on a break since November and I'm more than ready to start back up.

I leave you with a couple of pictures of what the kiddos were playing with yesterday===
She was so proud of how she set this table!
Holiday Barbie that was a gift from grandma this Christmas!
this boy- hair that he spiked on his own and wearing a vest that he wore when he was 2.  He cracks me up.
He is crazy good at building all kinds of things with his millions of Legos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!