Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Follow Me

It's hard to believe that this is my third year to be a part of Tuesday morning Bible study at my church. They always have a few choices of studies we can pick from at the beginning of each semester.  I was leaning toward a study and after seeing the preview this morning, it is the one I chose - Follow Me by David Platt.

Let me just say- I don't think I've ever felt the way I felt after we finished watching the first video today.  I was so completely rapt watching it. 

David Platt asks in the video, "are you a true follower of Christ?"  "What does it mean biblically to be a Christian?" 

I literally felt my heart challenged.  The path to heaven is narrow and I want to be on that path.

When we discussed how our culture views Christians, I felt a conflict in my mind.  I have witnessed so many "Christians" in the last few years be anything but Christian-ly.  I have had a jaded feeling about how the world views Christians.  It breaks my heart to think that people in our own faith might be preventing others from wanting to know more about Christianity.  But, David Platt also made a statement that the number of people that truly follow Jesus has always been few.  It's not something new.  Even in Jesus' day, people listened to Him and believed Him, but only few actually followed Him.  A lot of people thought his followers were pretty crazy too.  So, should I worry about how society views Christians?  I guess I just can't.  I can worry about how others view me though.

I do want to say that my church is full of Christians that bear the fruit of Christianity.  The more time I spend with people from church, the more I see it.  I am so, so thankful for that.

So, I feel like this study is going to be heart changing for me.  I can't wait to see where it takes me.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great study! I can't wait to hear weekly posts all about it!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!