Monday, November 9, 2009

Cannonball Read- Book 4

So, I don't want anyone thinking that this book has anything to do with my political affiliation. I'm not sure that I even support one party or the other. Things are still up in the air for me right now. I don't believe that you have to support either major party to be a good American citizen. Sometimes, I think that it may actually make you a better citizen if you don't. I have my own beliefs and I will leave it at that. Glenn Beck is a libertarian. In a nutshell, they want lower taxes, small government and more freedom. So, back to the book. I saw this on a website or something and thought it looked interesting. I wanted to see what his ideas were. Most people will complain about government but never have any of their own ideas that would make anything better. They just want to gripe. It was a really interesting book. I don't agree with everything he had to say, but he had some really good points. He would give the argument that the "idiot" would say and he would respond. He was not just griping. He had actual ideas about what we as a country can do to get better. I will say that this book did cause me to second guess almost everything that the government says. If you are a person that is even mildly concerned about our country and government, I suggest you read it. It has humor and history in it too for good measure!

Rating: A- (because I learned a lot)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!