Friday, October 30, 2009

Cannonball Read- Book 1

I have previously read "The DaVinci Code" and "Angels and Demons" and this is the third in the series about Harvard University symbologist, Robert Langdon. This was a longer book, 528 pages, but it was so worth every page! It is hard to believe that the entire book takes place in only 12 hours! The book is about freemasonry and the symbols and history of this organization that lies within Washington D.C. It follows the legend of the Hand of Mysteries and other aspects of the Masons. It also introduces us to Noetic Science which is the science of the mind and research on the human potential. Dan Brown's books are spectacular on how they make you think and how something that always has been in plain sight can take on so much more meaning when your eyes have been opened to these other meanings. Now I am by no means saying that I agree with or believe in all the things in these books. They just make you think and research things and learn about new ideas. I think all great books give you some of that. And I do think that this is a great book! It was hard to put down. The twists and turns had me more mesmerized than either of the first two books. This was definately a thriller! I encourage you to check it out. It is definately not for the weak stomached though. There are a few gruesome episodes. I really do hope that Dan Brown treats us to a fourth in this series...I am patiently waiting!

Rating: A (very thrilling and cool plot twist)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!