Tuesday, March 8, 2016

the week {Feb 29-March 7}

I'm still in a period of waiting for a test. When you have to rely on insurance companies to authorize whether you need a test or not, it gets frustrating just because you are having to wait and rely on end result of that decision. Hopefully I will know something this week. 
I've been thinking lately that I want to share my journey and bring awareness to my disease, but I also don't want to be defined by my disease. It's a fine line isn't it? The disease will always be a part of my life and at times, a major part of my life (like right now.) I knew so very little about this disease before I was diagnosed, and I'm still learning about it. It is basically my body turning on itself and it wreaks such havoc. 

Last Monday evening, our Sunday school class hosted a baby shower for one of our ladies who is due with a sweet little boy very soon!
I made some blondies to take to the shower. So yummy!
I also bought the Pioneer Woman plate at Walmart and used it! Isn't it so pretty?!
Tuesday was a full day for me. 
This sweet cat came in before I started my day and she stayed in ALL day!
I had Bible study, lunch with my church mentor, and Tuesday folders.
Tim took the kids to a choir concert at his school that night. They love going to school events with him!
I'm doing a study on Ruth in my Tuesday morning study and I'm enjoying it so much. The book of Ruth is such a great book in the Bible.
The kids can get their devices close together and play in the same "world" in Minecraft. It is one of their favorite things right now.
Sorry for the cat overload. I just love these girls though :-)
On Wednesday, I met with the 5th grade girl that I'm mentoring. She is such a sweet girl and I'm enjoying each visit that we have.
The kids had Awana that night. 

The next day, we planted B Boy's cabbage plant. The 3rd grade do this project every year to see how big they can grow their cabbage plants. C Girl participated last year, but her plant got pulverized in a hailstorm. We are hoping for better results this time!
Tim had a meeting and got to come home a little early that day! We love having extra time with him- especially when the weather is so nice!
And somehow, they talked me into going to Sonic to get ice cream before bedtime that night! They were thrilled!
Friday night was B Boy's first baseball practice of the season! He is playing with 9 and 10 year olds this season. The practices are longer and they are now playing with live arm! It's going to be a really fun season!
C Girl always has to find things to do while at his practices!
We had a spectacular sunset!
On Saturday, we took the kids and went to our first Razorback baseball game!
The weather was amazing and we had a lot of fun!
We grabbed supper at Whataburger and then headed to another baseball practice for the boy!
Sunday was a typical day with our normal activities. Monday was a busy afternoon going from piano lessons to another baseball practice. B Boy did great and even got to pitch! 
We don't have another practice for a week so we get a little break after what feels like a marathon of practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!