Wednesday, September 3, 2014

the weekly recap

Man, I just don't know why I feel I don't have time to blog, I guess it just hasn't been a big priority. It is a pain to do these weekly recaps with so much stuff, but I don't know what else to do to keep up with everything on the blog.

Last Wednesday and Thursday, I had terrible nausea. I never had any other symptoms, but I just felt terrible. I did take the kids to a friend's neighborhood pool Wednesday afternoon and they had a great time!
 My little update on my neck traction pillow. I started using it last Monday night, so it's been a little over a week. I would say that it almost 100% took my neck pain away. I am ecstatic.
 Thursday, I had lunch with my friend, April and then pushed through my nausea and got groceries. I felt so bad that I missed my monthly book club. You know I feel bad when I miss a chance for a GNO!

B Boy had soccer practice and got his uniform. He is so excited about soccer!
The kids were out of school on Friday. We really didn't do anything!
We picked up fried chicken for supper and Tim and I watched the Noah movie. It was actually pretty good!
 Saturday was college football! We are so excited to be able to watch a lot of games this year!
 The Razorbacks played against Auburn. We did so good during the first half, but the second half was not so great. They ended up effectively beating us.
Late Sunday morning, I decided that we would go have a family fun day!
We started off with lunch at Steak and Shake!
Next, we stopped off at a bakery in Farmington that I have been wanting to try out for a long time: Briar Rose Bakery.
We had some very tasty treats there! They also serve breakfast, lunch and dinner!
The bakery was on the way to the Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park's Clothesline Fair.
It's another event that has always been on my radar. It is a big arts and crafts fair and they also had food and music. They had other events throughout the weekend as well.
We had a lot of fun walking around and checking everything out!
We had a little time to kill, so went to the NWA Mall. I never ever go here and it was nice to look in stores and we found a few things that we were needing.
Fayetteville has this awesome art project going on right now and it was neat to be able to see one of the pigs!
Our final stop of the day was the Natural's game! 
We have been able to go to quite a few games this year and it has been such a blast!
I've really learned to love baseball through B Boy playing and through these games!
Monday was Labor Day and we had a very relaxed day.
We went and got groceries and then grilled burgers and fried homemade fried pickles and onion rings! We have not fried anything in a VERY long time!
All of our church activities start up this week and C Girl is starting piano lessons!

Yesterday, I started back to my Tuesday morning Bible study. I am doing a study by Beth Moore called, Children of the Day. We have only watched to first video, but I just loved it and all the Biblical knowledge that she shares. I am so excited about doing this study!

Right after study, I went to have lunch with two great friends who have birthdays this week!
We ate at Longhorn steakhouse and it was my first time eating there. I had a sandwich and soup combo and it was really good!
 I got to eat out again last night at Abuelo's for a baby shower for a sweet lady in our Sunday school class. Have any of you ever eaten the tomatillo salsa from Abuelo's? I could eat huge bowls of it! It's so good!!!
I have just been doing work around the house today and it's almost time for the kiddos to get off the bus. They start AWANA tonight and I know they are super excited about that!
I'm glad to be able to have an hour and a half to visit with Tim again! We do not get much time away from the kiddos! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lenette, I have a lot of arthritis in my neck, which is quite painful at times. I was wondering if you could tell me the brand of your pillow, and where you purchased it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002RO3JU/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0002RO3JU&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_tf_tl&tag=thenaturalmes-20#

      Delete

I always love hearing from you!