Wednesday, August 27, 2014

the weekly recap

I've decided to start titling these posts, "the weekly recap." It just makes it easier for me because it is so hard to find a title for a post that is full of lots of different things.

Soo, it's been about a week and a half since I've really updated on our life.  Last Monday, school started for our entire district, so Tim's kids were back in school and full bus service started! No more car line! I spent most of Monday poring over 4 calendars to make sure that all of our stuff was on one central calendar. I have learned the limit of my sanity over the past couple of years. I can only handle so much going on before I become overwhelmed. I have struggled with this because I want to do more, but I feel like I'm being called to get myself and home in order right now. Having anemia, IBS and a herniated disc all do not help my cause either. But, I just got my cervical linear traction neck pillow in the other day and I have high hopes that it is going to help alleviate a lot of the pain!
This happened the morning after the birthday party!
I learned on Wednesday afternoon, that B Boy had been selected to be student of the week  last week. He got his button on Monday and didn't tell me until Wednesday! Boys!
We had some free tickets for the Natural's game on Wednesday night, so naturally, we went! We had a great time and C Girl even got to spend some of her birthday money on Dippin' Dots. HA!

Thursday morning, I watched 2 sweet little boys for a friend of mine. I'm glad I was able to help her out so she wasn't stressed for her OB appt.
Thursday evening, the ladies from our Sunday school class got together to watch an episode of House Hunters that was filmed here in Bentonville! It was neat to watch and it was hilarious to hear some of the things that the husband said! One of my friends even drove by the next day and took a photo of the house. Rumor is that they will be doing a follow up show of the remodels that they completed on the home!
On Friday evening, C Girl was invited over for a sleepover with her sweet friend from school and church! They went to a carnival at school before heading to her house!
They had a lot of fun, but I don't think she got as much sleep as normal! She took a 2.5 hour nap Saturday morning, and that NEVER happens!
B Boy had his soccer kick off on Friday evening and his first practice Saturday afternoon. This is his first time playing team soccer, but so far, he loves it!!!
 On Sunday evening, I attended the NWA Women's Conference at Cross Church with some ladies from church.
Lysa Terkeurst was the speaker and what she shared was SO incredibly good! I have had so much I have been going over in my head. It really confirmed a LOT of things that I have been considering the past few months.
 There were around 2000 ladies, the worship is awesome and if you ever have a chance to hear Lysa speak, I highly encourage you to do so!
On Monday morning, B Boy's class led the rise and shine at school. He had a couple of speaking parts and I'm so proud of how well he did! He spoke slowly and clearly for everyone to hear and did not seem nervous at all!

I then had a BPTO meeting, visited Mr. Overstreet, and had lunch with a dear friend! 
Great Monday!
We had cable installed Monday afternoon.  We have not had any TV except for an antenna for local channels since the first week of March in 2012. I had forgot how long we have been without. I really haven't missed it, but we opted to do this for football this year instead of buying our usual season tickets. I will miss going to the Razorback games, but it will be very nice to be home most Saturdays now! And we will get to watch lots of other games!

Yesterday, I had a meeting with a school PTO to help them plan their year and I did Tuesday folders for B Boy's class.

Today, I have been working on cleaning/organizing the house but my stomach is very upset.
We are about to go swimming with some friends so I hope to be feeling better while we are there.

1 comment:

  1. How fun you got to watch the house hunters episode! We don't have cable, boo! Where is the house? I need to stalk, ha!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!