Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Some things you may not know about me...

My sweet friend Laurie invited the ladies from our Sunday school class over to her house for dinner and visiting last night.  It was SO nice to get to hang out and talk with everyone!  I even was able to meet a few ladies that are new to our class!  

Laurie always asks questions and we go around the room and answer.  Last night, the question was, "what food would you absolutely not eat if someone put it in front of you?" (My answer is chocolate.  I also hate cantaloupe.)  She has asked this question before and it's always fun to hear everyone's answers.

This all made me start thinking about random things people probably don't know about me:

  • If I eat a banana, it has to be cold.
  • I associate people with their vehicles.
  • I love exclamation points, but I have to use 1 or 3. Two just looks wrong.
  • I don't eat for chocolate. I used to love it and now it is pretty much disgusting to me.
  • I sniffle a lot.
  • I have to sleep with a pillow covering my ear(s).
  • I'm a cat person. As far back into childhood as I can remember, we've always had a cat.
  • My hands are not the same. One is noticeably bigger and has crooked fingers! It's like I have a lady hand and a man hand!
  • I can pop almost every joint in my body.
  • I can't stand for water from any sink to be on the counter or floor. That's what the sink is for!
  • I love bird watching.
  • I drive like a granny most of the time (I'm terrified of other drivers on the interstate.)
  • I hate folding laundry worse than almost any house chore.
  • My favorite hobbies are reading, photography, traveling, and cooking/baking.
  • I have loved photography since I was a child. My high school friends always kind of made fun of me for "always" having my camera.
  • Tim and I only dated for 6 months before we got married. We were married in St. Lucia.
  • I did not fly in an airplane until I was in college.
  • I gave birth both times minus epidurals. (I wanted one with C Girl, but I was too advanced by the time they finally got to my room :-/. With B, they were trying to keep me from having him[he was 6 weeks early] and when they realized that I was ready to push, it was too late.)
  • I'm very weird about everything having it's "place" in my house. I've relaxed a lot about the kids' rooms, but the rest of the house is very organized. I don't like things to not be where I like them! 
  • My favorite desserts are pecan pie, rice krispy treats, and homemade sugar cookies.
  • I don't know how to swim very well.
  • I had braces for 4.5 years. As an adult.
  • I had a horse for a while when I was a kid.
  • I will not watch scary movies any more.
  • For someone who is terrified of public speaking, I've been an officer in lots of clubs/organizations- even president a few times.
  • I worked in a flower shop in high school.  And a I worked at a restaurant.
  • In college I worked at a grocery store, a few restaurants, a book/video store, and the athletic department at my college. 
  • I've rode exactly one roller coaster in my life and have no plans to ever ride another one.
  • I love staying up after everyone has went to sleep and I love watching my kiddos sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I don't do roller coasters or scary movies either. I've almost fallen out of roller coasters, and I'm just not into scare movies. Oh, and I have two baskets of laundry that need to be folded as I type this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do scary movies, and I don't do movies that are creepy that could actually happen. I watched "Eye for an Eye" in high school and wouldn't stay home alone for over a year! I can also pop everything in my body, and I can swim just enough to keep my head above water.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!