Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving preparations & 24 Days of Thankfulness- Day 24

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


It may sound crazy, but I kinda love the craziness of getting ready to host a holiday.  The menu that has to be made, the lists of what needs to be done, getting chairs and tables, preparing food and cleaning the house.
It's like it is a race to see if I can get it all done before everyone gets here!
We have our own little Thanksgiving, just the 4 of us, the night before Thanksgiving every year. 
We keep it really low key. This year- rotisserie chicken from Wal-Mart, crockpot dressing, roasted asparagus, honey butter carrots, yeast rolls and pumpkin cheesecake!
I am so very thankful for:
24.Thanksgiving!!!
23. Food.  I love food, really, really, really, really love food.  Especially holiday food! :-)
22. Makeup. Seriously, I don't know what I would do without it. Go around looking like a zombie, that's what.
21.  Braces. So, yeah, I'm nearly 4 years down the road with my braces, but I know my teeth are gonna look awesome and ::fingers crossed:: I may have them off early next year!
20. C girl's and B boy's teachers at school and church.  Gah, they deserve a special place in heaven.  They are amazing and they take time out of their lives to teach little ones and to me, that makes a very special person.
19. My camera.  I am so thankful that I finally bought a DSLR! I love photography so much and it has been awesome learning how to use my camera.
18. My blog.  I love writing this blog and having these entries be chronicled to look back on.  I love the lovely people I have met through blogging!
17.Thursdays! Thursdays are the only day during the M-F week that I don't have a morning activity. I get to be lazy and not put makeup on and not go anywhere until it is time to pick up C girl from school. So nice!
16. Books. I am a fanatical reader. I always have been. Books are awesome. Right now I am reading the Hunger Games trilogy. And let me say, I am STOKED for when the movie comes out! We rarely go to the movies, but make a movie about a book I love, and I'm there!

15. Babies. I am in LOVE with my two new precious nephews. I cannot wait to get to hold them and kiss them again soon!
14. AWANA. This is a program at our church that teaches young kids about God. My kiddos have been learning so much and memorizing scripture. I am so proud of all they are learning!
13. Space heaters. Y'all, it's starting to get cold here in the mornings! It was 27 degrees this morning. I want fall to stick around a little longer!!!
12. Coffee. I could write a whole post on my love for coffee, but I will spare you. Just know that I love coffee very much ;-)
11. Freedom. This means so much more to me now that I have family members in the military. I value what they and their families do for our country. Not only do they serve, but their families as well. We are so lucky to have such freedom and I am thankful for it.
10. PNO(Parent's Night Out). So, what's not to love about 4 kid free hours with your hubby?!
9. Ladies Bible study. this has been so great for me. I have learned so much and met some great ladies!
8. Good Job. I am so thankful that Tim has a good job with good job security. These economic times are scary and I feel so deeply for people who have lost their jobs or are afraid they may lose their jobs.
7. Health. I know most 30 year olds don't consider their health that much, but I had a rough time from 25-30 and I am so glad that I am not having any "issues" currently. I still deal with my IBS, but now that I have a diagnosis, things are much better!
6. Church. When we moved to Bentonville, I was so worried about finding a good church home. It took us trying out a few churches, but we found one. Now that we are becoming more involved, I definitely know we made the right decision. I love our church.
5. Family. I have gained a lot of family in the last 8 years. They mean so much to me and I love em so much.
4. My friends. I love em. They are great.
3. My kiddos. They bring so much joy to me and I am so proud of them!
2. My husband. He is so much to me. He has been such a helper in every area of my life. I could go on and on.
1. My salvation. I am so, so thankful for my salvation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!