Friday, October 7, 2011

Waxing Nostalgic Part XIII

To start at the beginning, click here.


I have not written a "Waxing Nostalgic" Post since February.  It's nice to take a little break writing about your own life :-).


I left off in St. Lucia, where Tim and I got married.  That was also our honeymoon.  I loved St. Lucia. If you ever have the chance, you should totally go there.  Anyhoo, we came back to our home in Dardanelle and Tim prepared for his new job as principal at Paris High school and I began my first job after my degree.  During this time, we were pregnant.  Just over 3 months in, we miscarried.  That was a really tough time for the both of us, but especially for me.  Being a newlywed, starting a career and losing a baby do not mix very well.  We took comfort in each other and got past this rocky patch.


We spent the next year working, traveling, hanging out with our friends at places like Romedio's, and just spending time together. 
I had never been one to think I was "for sure" having kids, but after the miscarriage all of that changed.  I felt the loss and I knew I wanted a child.


I was in Minneapolis, MN in November 2004 training for a management job for Dairy Queen.  My training was 3 weeks and of course that was just too long for Tim to be away from me(!), so he flew up to spend a weekend with me.  We had fun shopping at the Mall of America, eating out, and just hanging out.  It was sad when he had to leave to go back to Arkansas. 
I came home at the end of my training, and started my new job in Russellville.  Tim was commuting to Paris everyday, a 40 minute drive.  We had been trying to get pregnant for a couple of months, and on December 20, 2004 I took a test and found out that we were expecting!  We were thrilled! I immediately started having morning sickness and CRAZY hormones.  I remember being at my new job and having to go in the bathroom and cry for a while before I could come back out.  I was just so tired, cranky and sick.  It finally got the best of me, and I decided that the job was just not what I needed at that point in my life.  It was very demanding and the hours were all over the place.  I returned to a previous job where I had been a manager.


I had known that my pregnancy probably was not going to be normal, but a few visits in, we learned how abnormal it would be.  But first, we found out our due date was August 25, 2005 and that this baby had been created in Minnesota :-) 


to be continued....

2 comments:

I always love hearing from you!