Sunday, May 1, 2016

the weekly recap {April 25-May 1}

We have had a great first week of break! On Monday, the kids requested a trip to the public library. 
That night, I had a GNO with some friends. We ate a my favorite Mexican place and then went to one of my friend's new house. 
Tuesday was spent packing and cleaning. B Boy did have baseball practice that evening. We also woke up in the middle of the night to a tornado warning!
 They made their own "snake cage." So funny.
 The kids were loving watching Tom & Jerry.
Wednesday morning, we headed to Big Cedar Lodge!
 Look at the view from our room! Stunning!
 This place is a resort and we were highly impressed by it!
 The kids were impressed with the tree in the bathroom!
 The kids also loved the bear!
 They are entertained easily!
 Our first stop was the pool! The pools are heated and the weather was spectacular for the end of April!
 There were also 3 hot tubs by this pool. One hot tub was as big as a pool! So nice!
The view of the lake was so beautiful!
By the time we got ready for dinner, we were so happy and relaxed!
We ate at a restaurant on property, The Devil's Pool restaurant.
 Our food was SO good!
 The swinging bridge!
 I just can't get over how pretty is was there!
After dinner, we played putt putt on the property. We had a lot of fun. It did get dark on us, but that didn't stop the fun!
 We ended the night by going back to the room, climbing in bed and watching TV together!
Thursday morning, we slept in and then I headed to the spa and Tim took the kids to go fishing.
I had booked a massage as one of my birthday presents!
I was super looking forward to it and it did not disappoint!
The spa was SO nice!
It was my first time to an actual spa!
 After my wonderful massage, I also enjoyed time in the hot tub!
C Girl caught some fish, as usual!
 That afternoon, we headed to the Bent Hook Marina on property.
 The boys took a short ride around the cove on the pedal boats.
 We bought some fish food to feed the fish and the geese were very interested in it!
 There was a little swimming beach at the marina that was fun. C Girl played in the sand for awhile.
The kids loved having giant PB&J's for lunch!
We visited an indoor pool on property that afternoon! It was closed still, but during the summer, there is a lazy river at this part of the resort!
 The landscaping at the resort was gorgeous!
 We got cleaned up and headed into Branson to eat at one of our favorites- Joe's Crab Shack!
 B Boy has been dying to try crab legs!
He loved the meat, but learned that they are a lot of work!
Friday morning, we woke up to a steady rain. We spent the morning relaxing and then got ready to check out. We ate lunch on property and then headed back to Bentonville!
We LOVED our time at Big Cedar!
Tim and I watched Ocean's 11 Friday night after we put the kids to bed early. 
I slept in Saturday and we didn't do much in the morning. We got a few groceries in the afternoon and some plants for our garden.
We made oven fajitas for dinner and then started the fire pit so we could roast marshmallows and have s'mores.
 Yummy and messy!
 I did some research on my puffy face and it is an actual side effect of taking prednisone. Go figure. I always get some crazy, random side effect when I take medication. This is my 7th and final week of prednisone, though so I should be back to normal in the coming weeks.
I used to not want to be seen without makeup but now it doesn't bother me as much. I guess age does that to you?
We stayed home from church this morning and Tim took the kids fishing. 
C Girl caught a catfish and was so proud!
 This afternoon was the annual GA's mother/daughter tea to celebrate the year the girls had in GA's. They are awarded a new charm for their bracelet every year.
I love that she gets to be a part of such a wonderful program.
She always has such sweet teachers!
There were about half of her class missing today.
We are looking forward to another great week on break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!