Monday, March 16, 2015

a weekly update

I am coming to you today from the most beautiful day of the year to date!
It is sunny and 70 degrees. I'm outside working because I have people cleaning my house!!! (Thank you, Tim!)
I had a great follow up appointment with my GI doctor about my Crohn's this morning and do not have to go back for 6 months!
It is a good day.
Thank you to everyone who left a comment on my previous post. 
It has been a tough winter for me, for sure.
I know my health will get better and I'll regain my energy. 
For now, I'm going to enjoy that today is a good day.

Last Tuesday, I met with my Christian mentor. She is a lovely lady who goes to our church and I serve on the BPTO with! We had a great lunch and wonderful conversation. I am so looking forward to our times together!
 C Girl had an ortho appointment on Wednesday. Afterwards, we hopped into Hobby Lobby which just so happens to be pretty close to her dentist! We also ate at Popeyes for the first time ever. We are fans!
 It has been very rainy and dreary lately. B Boy has "officially" started soccer and baseball, but we have not had one soccer practice yet and only one baseball practice. We have missed 5 soccer practices!!! We are supposed to have one on Thursday evening, but yet again, it looks like rain is in the forecast!

On Thursday, I had a BPTO meeting. I love serving on the district PTO board- I feel like I am always in the loop!
We had our normal piano lesson on Thursday and I got to catch up with my friend, Amber whose son has lessons at the same time!

On Friday, I did our weekly grocery run and had to get ready for a Sunday school fellowship that night. It was called "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner." We knew the home we were going to, but we didn't know who else would be there! The hosts also did not know who their guests would be! We had a lot of fun visiting with the Murray and Bates families!
 C Girl had her GA Journey night at church that night! They had a lot of fun! Next year, she gets to stay the night!!!
 photo from my friend, Ginger
 This boy is already almost finished with the 5th Harry Potter book!!! He loves this series so much!

The Hogs have been playing some GOOD basketball this year. We are No. 21 in the country and we were the 2 seed in the SEC tournament. We ended up losing to Kentucky (the No. 1 team in the nation), but we are a 5 seed in the NCAA tournament!!!!
I need to fill out my bracket ASAP! The kids and Tim are all excited to fill their's out too! We all compete and whoever has the best bracket gets to choose a place to eat or go have fun!

C Girl played with a neighbor friend who is also in her class on Saturday. She ended up staying the night and they had the best time! We took B Boy to his favorite restaurant and just relaxed the rest of the evening.
Yesterday was also a gorgeous day. We had church, a makeup piano lesson, the Hog game, and then we sat outside and enjoyed the sun. Tim grilled burgers and it made me look forward to spring and summer so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!