Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Words on Wednesday

Well, it is a bitterly cold day here. It is in the teens, but feels like 3 degrees. I wouldn't know firsthand because I will not be venturing out the door today. I am happily camped out by the fireplace contemplating the things in the house that need cleaned but having no desire to actually clean those things.

Yesterday, our Tuesday morning Bible study started again at church.
Ever since the brochure with the new studies came in the mail, I knew I felt God leading me in a different direction than normal. ALL of the studies are always wonderful and I usually choose a study based on what my friends are doing. I love good friend fellowship.
This time, I felt that I wasn't supposed to be in those studies. They are generally studies by well-known Bible study authors and usually have a lot of book work with them.
I always enjoy them and learn a lot, but lately, I have felt the need to be even more intentional with my time, home, and relationships. I felt that digging in directly to scripture was where I needed to be. 
The study we are starting is on the book of Ephesians and I am so excited to get started! The study leader and the ladies in the study are so great! I look forward to getting to know ladies that I don't know very well!

I am also doing the #365daysofTruth through the She Reads Truth app. This will definitely help me to finally read through the Bible in a year. It has each day listed, you can mark it as read when completed, and it posts your total Bible progress. I really need that accountability.
After Bible study, I asked one of my new friends to lunch and we had such a great time visiting!

B Boy failed his eye exam at school for the 2nd year in a row, so he had an eye exam yesterday afternoon. His eyes are perfect so we are not exactly sure what is causing him to fail each time :-(
 I had a meeting with one of my school PTO's yesterday evening and the ladies in leadership there are such a joy! I love when good people take on roles like that!

I was feeling a little nostalgic this morning looking at baby pictures of the kiddos.
It seems like a lifetime ago! They grow up too fast!

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to tell me your thoughts on the Ephesians study. It was a difficult decision this time. Mine is already kicking me in the backside (in a good way, of course). I didn't know who all as going into mine, but I knew I was choosing where I was suppose to be.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!