Wednesday, October 1, 2014

the weekend recap

So, how is it already October?
Every year seems to pass faster and faster.

Sunday was our DNOW service at church.
DNOW is an event that our church puts on every year for high school students. They have an awesome speaker and a great worship band. They bring in college leaders and they have fun stuff all weekend, as well as the college leaders discipling the younger students.
It is a very cool event and I'm so thankful that our church puts so much into our children's and youth programs.
It's pretty much a guarantee that I will cry in church every Sunday- even during DNOW. Watching 14 baptisms, including two of my friends, was amazing. Watching hundreds of students worshipping God and lifting their hands thrilled my soul! Seeing a girl from Denmark, who has only lived here a month and only been to church twice, get saved- incredible.
Sunday evening, B Boy attended a birthday party for one of his friends at our local Bricks for Kidz. This was heaven to my Lego-loving boy!
As most of you know, I have a history of intestinal/GI issues. I haven't been feeling great for over a week and had some other symptoms that were worrisome, so Monday evening, Tim took me to the ER. As with most abdominal issues, it's very difficult to have a diagnosis without multiple tests. I'm being treated for what they think the problem is, but I still have some tests coming up to check things out further. 
I'm so thankful for everyone who called, texted and sent me messages. People reaching out when you don't feel well or hurting just means so much.
Right now, I'm trying to just resume normal life and take the meds that will hopefully help.
I'm very nauseated today but hoping that goes away soon so I can get a few things done.
I snapped a few pictures of the kids yesterday afternoon.
This boy has been obsessed with ball since he was an infant.
He loves to go outside every day after school and practice throwing the football on the roof and then catching it when it comes back down.
Tim has never told him, but he used to do the same thing when he was a boy!
DNA!
He also wants to play catch with Daddy every day when he gets home from work!
 C Girl was getting grass from the yard and making a "cake." She is a funny one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!