Thursday, September 11, 2014

The yummiest Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I'm not sure why I have never posted our recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies. This is very high up on my favorite cookies list. Tim and the kids cannot get enough of them either. Also- I like to think they are a little healthy since they have oats and raisins. Just let me keep thinking that :-)

The Yummiest Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups uncooked oats
1 cup raisins (sometimes I use golden raisins)

In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening, on med-high speed for 30 seconds.  In a smaller bowl, stir together 1 cup of the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add this to the shortening along with brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Blend 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Stir in remaining flour and oats. Fold in raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!