Monday, July 7, 2014

Sparacino family summer vacation Day 6 Garden of the Gods & Manitou Cliff Dwellings

We had a wonderful 4th of July in Kansas visiting my sister. I will share more on that later.
When we returned from there, we ended nearly two full weeks of traveling.
I enjoyed every bit of it, but I'm also fully enjoying being home, relaxed and sleeping in my own bed!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I have a few more days of vacation to write about and I'm just doing it as I go.
I wanted to also say that I know I take a lot of photos. I have LOVED photography since I was a little girl. I was the girl that always had a camera at every event growing up.
I don't take photos to show off or anything like that, I just really love having a memory captured in time. I so love looking back at all of our photos.

Moving on....

We spent a day visiting Garden of the Gods and the Manitou Cliff Dwellings.
We almost felt like we were in the wild, wild west. 
There was red rock, cactus and mountains in the background.
Pikes Peak 14,114' 
 The Garden of the Gods is a free park where you walk and explore the beauty of the large red rocks.
Some folks even climb the rocks.
After we visited Garden of the Gods, we headed over to the Manitou Cliff Dwellings. It was just a few short minutes from the park.
I did find out after we returned home, that the dwellings were actually from southwest Colorado and had been shopped to Manitou Springs to re-build and preserve them.
 This was still pretty amazing to see.

1 comment:

I always love hearing from you!