Saturday, July 12, 2014

a happy homecoming and other things...

I'm sitting here on a Saturday evening in July sporting a yucky sinus infection. I started feeling run down earlier in the week and by Thursday morning, I knew I wasn't feeling well. I think my allergies morphed into this sickness. Yesterday and today, I have just felt awful :-(

Not long after we moved to Bentonville, a local blogger found my blog and left me a comment. Her hometown was a town that Tim and I used to live in. At some point, she also mentioned a friend of hers that also lived in Bentonville and writes a blog. That is when I started following Jenny's story on blessingsandraindrops.com. Jenny and her husband were in the process of adopting a daughter from the Democratic Republic of Congo. I have loved reading Jenny's words. She has a wonderful ability to convey so much emotion in what she writes. You can almost feel what she feels. 

Last spring (I think), I was in Bible study and saw a very familiar lady sitting in the room with the other ladies in our study. It took me another week to fully realized that it was Jenny! I was so ecstatic to meet her. She is one of those people who can make you feel like such a great friend instantly. I also met her really good friend, Marci who now goes to church with me! Since then, along with social media and reading her blog, I see Jenny occasionally in town and even bringing her boys to our VBS. This past week, she got the most wonderful news ever. After 602 days of waiting, her precious daughter was coming home!!!! Her foster mother flew with Sylvie and they arrived at our airport Wednesday evening. It was one of the best things I have ever seen. I am just so overcome with joy for them.
We enjoyed our last two days of VBS. We also had lots of fun at family night on Thursday evening. There were hot dogs, inflatables, pony rides, dunking tank, sno cones, etc. In short, a kid's dream!
One of Tim's assistant principal's had us over to her home yesterday to swim in her pool. We had a really good time and the kids had a blast!
Last night, we laid low. Tim made us BLT's for dinner and then we introduced the kids to the first Back to the Future movies. I LOVED those movies as a kid. I believe we are going to watch the second one tonight.
We hit the farmer's market this morning and got some great blueberries, blackberries, cucumbers and fresh eggs. I love summer produce!

Miranda Lambert is in town tonight for a concert. I loved seeing her a few years ago and I know the concert will be awesome this week. I'm super excited, because I scored tickets for Tim McGraw when he is here next month. When we saw him in Little Rock, I was super sick with morning all day sickness, so I am so glad I will feel lots better for this concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!