Monday, February 3, 2014

a long update

I feel like all I have done lately is just recap the past days since the last time I blogged.  I guess that is all I have been motivated to do. I have a lot of things going on and I've been reading a ton, so I think my brain is just full right now.

I haven't updated since Wednesday so I'll start with last Thursday.  It was a pretty busy day.  

A while back, a friend from church asked if any of us wanted to go to a new yoga class with her.  I immediately said yes because I had been wanting to try yoga for a long time, but I had never wanted to go alone. I need to add that this was a "hot yoga" class.  I was pretty nervous about the "hot" part because I wasn't sure how it would be.  I'm not a "workout" type girl, so I had to run around and purchase some workout clothing and a yoga mat before I went to the class.  The class went really well! It wasn't nearly as hot as I thought it might be.  I was exhausted by the end, but I felt great the rest of the day- endorphins, I guess!  However, the next day I was extremely sore (I'm very out of shape.) I hurt in places that I didn't even know could hurt.  I'm still so excited to go back.  I really want to get my body in shape and I can already tell that this type of exercising could be addicting for me!  I love that it is intense, but also peaceful.
Proof that I did, indeed, exercise.
C Girl had gymnastics that afternoon and then we all had to hurry around and get ready for her 2nd grade musical at school that evening!  It was super cute!  C Girl's friend, Emily, from school and church had a solo and she did SO good!!!-----

I left from there and headed to church for a women's event that we had that night.  It was called Sweet Retreat and our speaker was Debbie Stuart. It was a packed house and she is so funny and also spoke good truth to us. It was a great evening.
Friday was a meeting, then getting groceries, and for dinner we decided to try out Chuy's that had opened in our area recently.  We've never eaten at one and were excited to try it.  We thought getting there right at 5 pm would mean little to no wait.  Nope.  We had a 45 minute wait! That place was insane!  It WAS really good though!

Saturday was a super lazy day.  I finished reading Allegiant.  Like everyone else said, the ending was not what I expected.  It was not awful, but so not how I imagined it ending. That's all I will say.  I started reading Gone Girl for my book club this month.  I am already halfway finished.  I'm obsessed with it so far.

Sunday.  Well, our plan was to go to church and C Girl was going to go with the GA's to carol to our shut-ins from the church.  They were going to do this in December, but it was canceled due to weather.  Well, guess what?  It was once again canceled due to weather. We originally were only supposed to get a dusting to 1 inch of snow.  We ended up getting almost 5 inches of snow.  Thankfully, our church live-streams the service and I was able to watch from home.  It was great!  Our high school football coach, Barry Lunney, Sr., spoke and shared his testimony.  It is so wonderful having Christian influences in our schools and on teams/groups.  Our football team won the 7A state championship this year (this made coach Lunney's 7th state title in his career) and many of the guys were at our church yesterday as well. Tim has shared so many stories from his playing/coaching experiences about how big of an influence that a coach can have on your life.  I'm so thankful for the way coach Lunney uses his job as an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of these students.
The kiddos had a lot of fun in the snow yesterday afternoon. 
 can you tell I was taking this picture from inside my warm house?!
And just look how the day ended! Beautiful!
An article in the paper on Sunday about Mr. Overstreet, the gentleman that I visit through our church visitation ministry. He is such a jewel!

And I'm sure you know that yesterday was the Super Bowl.  I made some appetizers- pigs in a blanketguacamole, and corn dip. I adapted the corn dip just a smidgen, but pretty much used that recipe. The game was definitely not as exciting as previous years and I know that it was a very hard loss for Denver.  Congrats to the Seahawks on winning their first ever Super Bowl! 

We are out of school today due to the snow.  

We are also supposed to get more winter weather this week.  I have no way of planning the week, so I'm just taking it one day at a time. My kids are at an age where I do not have to entertain them as much. They play very well together and can find things to do for hours.  I think we will decorate for Valentine's day today. I'm in the need for some lovey dovey around here.  I LOVE Valentine's decorations and everything about the day.  I remember as a kid loving the whole shebang- hearts everywhere in the classroom, the party, and of course, the candy.  It is just so sweet and fun.

I'm sure I'll have another "update" this week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!