Friday, November 22, 2013

Momma Musings

Every time I have sat down in the past week, my mind just has not been in the mood to blog. 

 I think it is coming from a few different reasons.  
One, I've been tired and having a headache off and on most of the week.  
Two, I'm in that place where I don't know what to share about the kids.  I want to blog and remember the things going on with them at school, but I'm afraid to seem like I'm bragging.  Or, if I share not-so-good things, I don't want them to read this in the future and be upset!

Does anyone else have this predicament???

So, in hoping not to sound braggish - a little about the kids:

C Girl is doing so well that I want to cry!  She is a super smart girl and excels in math.  She does great reading, but at the beginning of the year, she had a little motivation issue.
Her teacher is a gift from God and has boosted C's confidence and it shows so much!
She is reading chapter books left and right now!
She improves every week in gymnastics and she just has so much fun being there.
B Boy is doing super.  He is naturally gifted at everything so far.  He is doing wonderful with math and his reading is off the charts.  I haven't seen an official assessment, but I would guess that he is reading at close to a 4th grade level.  Yesterday, he finished a chapter book while we were at C's gymnastics class and then came home and read an entire chapter book before bed.  He may be an even more voracious reader than I was!
He loves to write stories.  He and C both have great imaginations.  They have always loved pretend play.  We have been invited to numerous plays, shows, restaurants, etc.!
I'm just so, so proud of them and I'm so grateful for how much they love school.

So, what's been going on with me?

Last Friday evening, I headed down to my hometown to attend the rosary of my friend Amber's grandmother.  I spent so much time with Amber and her family in high school and over the years.  It still shocks me to the core every time someone I know passes away.
On a good note, I got to visit with Amber and then I stayed the night with Jessica so I got to see her, Keith and Parker!

Saturday, I headed back home.  We had dinner at Red Lobster and it was the best meal I have eaten out in so long!  For some reason, everything we ate was just wonderful!

Sunday and Monday were just normal old days.

Tuesday, we had our annual brunch ending the fall studies.  We actually had Mexican food and it was SO good!
We got to hear testimonies from my friend, Ginger and her mother.
I can't say enough how much I love hearing those and just getting to know people.

Tuesday evening, I went to my monthly book club meeting.
Our theme this month was "classics" and we read Wuthering Heights.
I remembering LOVING this book in high school.
This time? Uhhhh, not so much.  It seemed a LOT more depressing this time.  Oh, well!

Wednesday night, I filled in at AWANA in B Boy's group.  It was fun! It made me miss being there on Wednesday nights!  It was hilarious to watch both kiddos during game time!

As we were getting them ready for bed that night, the power went out.  We soon realized that it was not just our house that was out.  We turned on our battery powered lantern and lit some candles.
As C Girl was saying her bedtime prayers, she prayed that the workers would not get electrocuted while fixing the power.  She was also very worried about "little children who could not find their mommies and daddies in the dark house." I assured her that the mommies and daddies were all taking care of their little ones.  She really does have a sweet, sweet heart deep down :)

Yesterday, I went and ate Thanksgiving feast with the kiddos at school.
The food is not what I remember eating growing up!
C Girl chose the chicken nugget option and when I asked her why she said, "we are having turkey next week and I don't want to spoil it."  Oh, it made me laugh so much! So her!

I've been painting B Boy's bed this week.  I'm really trying to get some projects done in the house before I take some official pictures to share (you know, 9-10 months after we moved in!)  Hopefully soon!

Today, I volunteered in a classroom, ran some errands, visited  Mr. Overstreet at his jewelry store and finished up grocery shopping for the holiday.  The kiddos got to wear pajamas to school and they were so excited!  We are so excited to be on break when they get off the bus today!!!

I've been listening to Christmas music the past few days.  I have gotten really in the mood for Christmas.
Our local Christian radio station makes me laugh every day.  They have a commercial every day pledging not to play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving day. Their slogan is- Grateful hearts before Christmas starts!

Sometimes we need a little Christmas now :)

Haul out the holly;
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again.
Fill up the stocking,
I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now.
For we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute,
Candles in the window,
Carols at the spinet.
Yes, we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute.
It hasn't snowed a single flurry,
But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry;
So climb down the chimney;
Put up the brightest string of lights I've ever seen.
Slice up the fruitcake;
It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough.
For I've grown a little leaner,
Grown a little colder,
Grown a little sadder,
Grown a little older,
All:
And I need a little angel
Sitting on my shoulder,
Need a little Christmas now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!