Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Crock-pot Thanksgiving dressing & a visit to Santa {Recipe}

We had breakfast at The Egg and I in Rogers this morning with Tim after his doctors appointment.  We had been wanting to try it for a long time.  It was really good!
Afterwards, we headed over to the Promenade to visit Santa!
I know, I know. It is still November.
BUT, we were the only ones there and the kids had a blast visiting with Santa!
Compiling all of our recipes digitally and also putting them into a binder has been a big goal of mine for awhile.  I haven't had lots of time to work on it, but it is at the top of my list right now.
I want to have all of our recipes together for my sake and for the kids to have someday.

Today, we are having our own family (Tim, the kids, and I) Thanksgiving.
We are having turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, asparagus and pie!

This dressing recipe is from my mom.  She made it a few years ago and it was instantly my favorite dressing ever.
It has so much flavor and is so moist! I cannot tolerate dry dressing!
Crockpot Thanksgiving dressing  (or make it anytime you want!)

8-inch pan of prepared cornbread
8 slices of bread
4 eggs
4 cups chicken broth
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sage
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp butter

Crumble breads, then add all ingredients except butter. Pour into crock-pot and dot butter on top.  Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!