Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Sweet, sweet summer

Our weather has been F A B U L O U S!!!  We have been having so much fun this week!  And eating dinners outside!!!

Monday, we ran errands and did some work around the house since we had been gone for awhile.  Monday evening, Tim did a bunch of yard work and we stayed outside late and chatted with our neighbor.

Yesterday, we went to church to help work on decorations for VBS and the evening consisted of putting the kids pool up and putting new flowers out and flags in the yard for the 4th.  We met a new neighbor as well and talked to him for awhile.  We were outside until 10!

Today, we went to church again to help with VBS and then we met April and Ryan at Orchards Park for a picnic.  Afterwards, we walked the Crystal Bridges Trail and visited the museum for a bit!  We had such a great time!  There is no way we would have been able to do this if we had regular July weather.  Our highs have been in the upper 70's and very low 80's!!!

I have to be honest.  I think I'm suffering from "vacation lag" (I don't think that's an actual term?)

I just today even looked at our vacation pictures!  When we got home Sunday, I loaded them on the computer and didn't even look at them.

I'm still not unpacked and the laundry is only halfway done.  We have family coming tomorrow, VBS all next week, and family coming to stay the next week.  I guess I will get it all done someday. 

I really do want to find time to edit pictures and blog about our trips. We made a lot of memories!

Here's one that we took as a family.  
Some things:  
a.) it is extremely hard to EVER get a good family photo minus using a pro. 
b.) I used a tripod and self timer. 
c.) this is like the only one that I would call a "good" one. Ha! 
d.) at least we have one! 
e.) this is SOOC because, yeah. No editing has happened yet. Actually, most of my pics are SOOC!  
 Some pictures from our week:
She shucked the corn for dinner last night!
These kiddos are SUCH good friends!
There are some beautiful flowers at Crystal Bridges and Compton Gardens!
 Making art!
I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!
Happy 237th birthday America!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th, Lenette! Your family pic is lovely, even SOOC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great summer and that pic is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!