Friday, July 5, 2013

Celebrating the 4th

We celebrated a fantastic Independence Day this year!
I wish we could have been with all of our family, but it just didn't work out this year.
My mom and dad were able to come up and visit and we had a great time!
We grilled burgers and hotdogs and had pasta salad, potato salad, deviled eggs, baked beans and homemade lemonade! Yummo!
My dad brought me some tomatoes from his garden!!!
B Boy was so proud that he fixed his own burger up!
Tim is the master griller! Looking good!
We had watermelon for dessert!
The funnest part of the afternoon was B Boy starting a water gun fight with Grandma and Pop Pop!!!
My mom had a blast!
I think dad had fun too!
 C Girl tried to stay out of the fight!!
I read an article about how to take photos of fireworks, so I decided to practice last night.
I think they turned out pretty decent!

Our town has an AMAZING fireworks show.
When I say amazing, I mean that it is the 3rd best show I've ever been to.
It ranks under Disney World and when we watched fireworks under the St. Louis Arch in 2010.

The park where it is at was insanely crowded.  We ended up being outside of the park back on some soccer fields.
We could still hear the music from the concerts and the view was PERFECT.
Some of the fireworks literally feel like they are coming at you.  They were HUGE.

Ok, I'll quit bragging now.
It was just so impressive!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Those pictures are amazing. Our town didn't have a firework show this year and it was so disappointing. Looks like y'all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so sorry y'all didn't have fireworks :(

      Delete
  2. Your fireworks photos turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!