Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday, I'm so glad to see you!

  I haven't been so happy to see a Saturday morning in a long time!

  I don't talk about PTO too much on here.  I'm not sure the particular reason why.  It has been a lot of work, but I love being able to serve and give back to the school.
  This past week was National Teacher Appreciation Week.  Along with the big goal we want to do for the school every year, Teacher Appreciation Week is the big deal of the year.

  We have been planning this for months.  It was a HUGE success!  I was literally at the school all day everyday this week.  We fed the teachers lunch Monday and Tuesday, we did breakfast, goodie bags with school supplies, chair massages by a local spa, Mary Kay treatments by a Mary Kay rep. & a chocolate fountain all on Thursday, and another big lunch on Friday.   
  We would not have been able to do all of this without the help of all the awesome parents at our school. So many brought in food and supplies and others donated time and services.  It was simply amazing.

  Along with all of this, I also had a volunteer breakfast, Mother's Day program, Bible study, a game that ended up being rained out, Tim was gone 2 evenings, and our school's Leadership Day.  It has been a very, very full week.

  It was a fulfilling week though.  I have grown to love the teachers and staff at the kid's school. They are what makes the school so awesome.  What they are doing in empowering kids through the Leader in Me program is astounding.
Last night, we went out to Shogun to celebrate my birthday.  It's not actually until Sunday, but since that is also Mother's Day and my nephew's birthday, we celebrated last night.  It was really good and the kids LOVE it.
  We are headed to watch B Boy play tee ball and have his team picture made.  It is a gorgeous day and since we have had so much rain (7 inches on Thurs night!) and business lately, we are going to enjoy a hike afterwards!

  I hope everyone has beautiful weather and gets to enjoy this lovely weekend!  Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!