Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A big ole crying mess

I remember a day when the kiddos were very little and I thought, it is 3 more years until B Boy goes to school.  That seemed like FOREVER to me.  
And here we are, the end of kindergarten.
I'll be honest.  I'm a crying mess. 
Last year, I still had a preschooler that was coming to kindergarten.
Watching him graduate preK was hard, but oh, this is SO much harder.

After the volunteer breakfast this morning, I got to go to the Mother's Day program that his class had for the mommas.
Everything was good and fine through the songs.  I was happy.  The singing was sweet.
Then.
Then they showed the end of the year slideshow.
And this is what happened. 
|
|
|
v
And please don't get me started on the fact that C Girl will be a 2nd grader next year.
2nd Grade????!!!
It just seems so old! And it goes too fast!
They are just not babies anymore.
I'm holding on to just a few words that they still say incorrectly.
I just can't bear to correct them.
They'll figure it out eventually right?!
 these little guys are SUCH good buddies. I pray he always has wonderful friends.
 And his teacher.  Oh, how I will miss her.  She was C's kindergarten teacher as well.  I've been around her weekly for 2 years!  It just won't be the same!
 And I LOVE that our new art teacher this year was a mister.  The kids all ADORE him.  He's been a great addition to our school.
 Oh my sweet boy, I love you too.
(excuse me while I go cry in the corner. NOTHING beats a writing like that.)
 Please, oh please, still look at me like that when you are 25.
And yes, as a matter of fact, I AM 50 lbs!!!
These things kill me.
And I really die when he says I'm pretty as a diamond. 
Ladies, this boy is definitely going to be a keeper.
Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!