Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday! {plus a little talk about Google Reader & Bloglovin}

It is Friday friends!

I started getting sick Tuesday evening and felt awful Wednesday and Thursday. I had to power through yesterday because I had a meeting, PTO fed our teachers for parent teacher conferences, and I went to a baby shower for a lovely lady in our Sunday School class. But, I woke up today and feel great!

It is going to be GORGEOUS weather today and Spring Break starts after school!

We are heading out tomorrow morning to go visit family and to attend the wedding of a family friend!

Next week, we are taking a little excursion to Kansas City and then who knows what we will get into!

***************************************************************************************************************

I'm sure most of you have read that Google Reader is going away effective July 1, 2013.  I hate change and I really love Google Reader.  It is the ONLY way I can keep up with reading blogs.

I've been watching what alternatives that other people are discussing and I've seen many talking about Bloglovin.  I went and checked it out this morning.

It was SUPER easy to import my Google Reader feeds over.  It is also much simpler to manage what you follow.
  
I do 95% of my reading on the iPad and I just go to the page in Safari.  I do like it.  It is different from Reader though.  I was used to my feeds in a list form where I would open if I wanted to read and then you have to click on the link if you want to go to the page and comment.  

With Bloglovin, everything is shown bigger (a picture and part of the post are shown) and when you click to read, it automatically takes you to the page. 

So, I guess that is good in a way, because you can see the actual blog and maybe it will encourage me to comment more.

I know change is inevitable (especially with technology!), so I try not to let it get to me much anymore.

I can tell that Google is wanting everything to move over to Google+.  I have been avoiding it for awhile, but today I connected my blog to my Google+ account.  

Now, my profile on my blog page will take you to my Google+ account and each blog post will be posted on there as well.

So, come on over and find me at these places:

Follow me on Google+

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I may have to move over to Bloglovin. I've been using Feedly, but don't *love* the layout.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!