Sunday, December 16, 2012

Goodwill toward men

I have a 6 year old and a 7 year old.

When I heard what happened on Friday, I sat in my home and cried my eyes out.
 
Those families are suffering unimaginable grief this Christmas season.

As I got on social media Friday and since, I've been very disheartened.

Almost immediately, debates began about gun control and mental health awareness. 

People began to make the tragedy relate to them. 

There were blog posts 

and "I would do this and I would've done that." 

While all of these things are valid, they are not necessary right now.

I, along with everyone else, cannot understand what happened. 

I think anyone would have tried to save those children if they had been in the position to.

No matter what we could debate or say, the fact remains that the tragedy has happened.

There are practical things that we can do.

We can honor those victims by not exploiting them.

We can pray, pray, pray for those families. 

We can be a light to the world and show that even in the midst of evil, there is a hope.

I rely on my faith during times that make no sense. 

During this Christmas season we can make it a high priority to show goodwill toward men.  In your daily life, show goodness and compassion to others.

You can support the families by donating.

Please, remember these families and pray for them throughout the Christmas season.  I can only imagine that this would be the worst time of year possible to have to go through such suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!