Friday, December 9, 2011

Perfectly Easy Pecan Pie

This recipe, and many others, is listed in "Sparacino Family Recipes" tab up at the top of my blog.
**************************************************************************************
This is one of my favorite desserts ever.
"Pee-con Pie" 
"Pee-can Pie"
 Either way, it is delicious.
This recipe is simple. 
I found it a few years ago and it has never failed me.
 The Ingredients:

  • 1 cup plus 2 T sugar
  • 4 extra large eggs
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/3 cup Karo syrup
  • 1 1/3 cup broken pecans


 Mix the first 4 ingredients together.
Then add the Karo syrup and pecans.
 Pour it into 2 9-inch pie shells. This half went into my Paula Deen pie dish with a homemade pie pastry.  

This half went into a regular store bought pie shell.
This could be one pie if you used a deep dish pie crust.
I, however, like the old saying, "double your pleasure."
I like to wrap foil around the crust to keep it from burning.
Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes until it begins to brown on top (not too brown though!)
When it comes out of the oven, it will still be a little jiggly.  Don't worry unless it is uncontrollably sloshing.  It will firm up as it cools.
Come to Mama...
Let it cool and then dig in!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this looks soo good! I have never tried to make a pecan pie... Maybe I should ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should! It is so easy and it is so very good!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!