Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day & 24 days of Thankfulness- Day 11

Our family's veterans-
We have other veteran's in our extended family as well- Cousin Frankie (Marine), Great Uncle Dean, my mom's dad served, and others I just don't know of specifically that are more distant relatives.


I am trying to raise my kiddos to appreciate our country and our soldiers. They have grown up seeing their uncles and aunt in uniform and they have loved it.


Happy Veteran's Day 11-11-11(how cool is that!) to all service members out there, past and present.  Thank you.


I am thankful for:
  1. My salvation.  I am so, so thankful for my salvation.
  2. My husband.  He is so much to me.  He has been such a helper in every area of my life. I could go on and on.
  3. My kiddos. They bring so much joy to me and I am so proud of them!
  4. My friends.  I love em. They are great. 
  5. Family. I have gained a lot of family in the last 8 years.  They mean so much to me and I love em so much.
  6. Church. When we moved to Bentonville, I was so worried about finding a good church home.  It took us trying out a few churches, but we found one.  Now that we are becoming more involved, I definitely know we made the right decision. I love our church.
  7. Health. I know most 30 year olds don't consider their health that much, but I had a rough time from 25-30 and I am so glad that I am not having any "issues" currently.  I still deal with my IBS, but now that I have a diagnosis, things are much better!
  8. Good Job. I am so thankful that Tim has a good job with good job security.  These economic times are scary and I feel so deeply for people who have lost their jobs or are afraid they may lose their jobs.
  9. Ladies Bible study. this has been so great for me. I have learned so much and met some great ladies!
  10. PNO. So, what's not to love about 4 kid free hours with your hubby?!
  11. Freedom. This means so much more to me now that I have family members in the military.  I value what they and their families do for our country.  Not only do they serve, but their families as well. We are so lucky to have such freedom and I am thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!