Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Same Kind of Different as Me

My eyes are still moist after finishing this book.  I have not felt this way about a book since reading Crazy Love and The Shack

Same Kind of Different as Me is a story about the connection God made between a wealthy Fort Worth couple and a dangerous homeless man.  It is a true story of a wife convincing her husband to serve the Lord and blessing others by working in a mission.  They meet a homeless man there who changes their lives and through prayer and persistence, his life also becomes changed. 

It is a beautiful story of God's love, his calling, loss and what can come from loss.  There were points that I was literally sobbing. 

We need more stories like this that tell of the awesome power of God.  That show what great faith people have. Stories that show that even when faith is shaken and destroyed, God is still there. Stories to inspire us.  Inspired I am. I HIGHLY recommend this book.

One of my favorite quotes from the book-
But I found out everybody's different-the same kind of different as me. We're all just regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us. The truth about it is, whether we is rich or poor or somethin in between, this earth ain't no final restin place.  So in a way, we is all homeless-just workin our way toward home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was running some errands today and thinking about how close we are to school starting.  I know this may not mean much to anyone else, but I realized that Friday will be the last "big" grocery run that I take both kiddos on.  I know that I'm excited to get to shop alone or with only one child, but it still made me a little sad.  Mainly in the fact that it's been the 3 of us for 5 years.  School starting in our family is a HUGE thing.  We have had the same kind of routine since they were babies, and honestly, I will miss it.

Oh Happy Day! Do you know what has opened up down the interstate a couple of exits??!!  Five Guys Burgers and Fries!!!!!  A couple of years ago, there was footage on TV of President Obama eating at a 5 Guys.  The burgers looked so good!  We didn't have one anywhere around us, so we thought it was just a dream to ever get a burger from there.  While we were on vacation this summer, we found one and stopped to eat one of those yummy, yummy burgers.  It was SO good!  I can't wait to try ours out!

I had some items to return to Target and TJ Maxx today and it was so hot, but I wanted to get it done, so we hit up Sonic Happy Hour and then ran our errands.  We were over in a shopping center that has a Petsmart, so we decided to go for a visit!  I was FUN mommy today!  We had a blast looking at all the animals, and now I really want a kitten!!!  The kiddos really want a hamster and that is just NOT happening!!!

I need to be labeling school supplies and planning menus.  I can't wait to share with you guys how our transition to school life goes!  It is still amazing to me that the time is here.  I am very excited for C to learn to read and make new friends.  I'm also excited about meeting people and making new friends myself!  I know it's going to be a great year and I'm ready for the journey!

I know it's Wednesday, but here is our dinner plan for the rest of the week--

tonight- Pinto beans cooked with ham pieces and cornbread
Thursday- Fish cooked some way, some kind of potato and a veggie
Friday- date night, so the kids will have a babysitter and something easy to eat!
Saturday- we have a birthday party so we won't be eating at home
Sunday- Mexican chicken and corn and maybe Spanish rice

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!