Monday, November 30, 2009

Cannonball Read- Book 8


Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

So....this book was on EVERY list of great novels or books you HAVE to read. It was well worth the read. It was interesting. It was different. It was crazy. There is no way that I can really describe this book, so this is from a website:

As literary science fiction, 1984 is a classic novel of the social science fiction sub-genre, thus, since its publication in 1949, the terms and concepts of Big Brother, doublethink, thoughtcrime, Newspeak, etc, became contemporary vernacular, including the adjective Orwellian, denoting George Orwell's writings and totalitarianism as exposited in 1984 and Animal Farm.


I could describe the plot, but I don't think I will. I really believe that this novel deserves its place on the lists of best novels. It made me pray to God that nothing of this nature would ever happen in our world. Although, in some areas it is happening. Maybe not in the same way or to the same degree but a different version of it. I'm thinking of China when I write that or some of the countries in Africa.
All I can say is WOW. What a book he wrote in 1949! What a mind he had! Read this book!

Rating A! (Crazy but so good!) I read Animal Farm last year and it was also pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!