Friday, August 28, 2009

Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake

This recipe came from American Profile, an insert from our local newspaper. We picked fresh blueberries this year and have a stock in the freezer and I love blueberries and trying new recipes with them in it. I made this cake tonight and it is INCREDIBLE! Tim thought it was one of the best cakes I have ever made! I like to think I am a pretty great baker too!

Here is the recipe with my changes at the side:

1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese----I used fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup vegetable oil----I used 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 (18oz) pkg yellow butter cake mix
1 (3oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups fresh blueberries
powdered sugar (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch tube or Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
2. Combine cream cheese and oil in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until smooth and creamy. Add cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until blended. Fold in berries. (Batter will be thick.) Spoon batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

I used the Bundt pan and we ate it while it was still warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!