Friday, December 11, 2015

Life is too short

That's one thing I have learned over the past 5 years. 
Life is too short. 
It's too short not to tell the people you love how and why you love them. It's too short to hold bitterness about life not going the way you had hoped or wanted it to. It's too short to be bitter about anything. It's too short not to just live the life you have and be happy with what you have been dealt.
Jesus can give you joy in the happy and comfort in the heartbreak. 
He is the only thing that can fill any of the holes in your life.
People, even your closest family, cannot do that for you no matter how much you want them to.
I just read the most touching tribute of a mother from her daughter. 
The mother passed away recently and I was sobbing my the end of what the daughter wrote.
I was reminded that I want to leave a loving legacy.
I also want to leave a legacy of faith.
We touch people in how we live our lives. Every day. Good times and bad times. 
I need daily reminders of this stuff.
I'm so good at letting life get to me.
But, life's too short for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!