Tuesday, June 9, 2015

"chronic disease" is two heavy words

I know most of you know how I over-committed myself a couple of years ago and got very burned out. 
Our family and home life suffered. 
It opened my eyes big time on what I, personally can handle. I
t seems to be a big trend right now to say "no" and "find your best yes" and "breathe" and "make white space." 
I know I learned quickly that those were things I needed to figure out. 
I think we all struggle with this in some way. 

Now that I'm dealing with a disease and finding the right treatment? The knowledge of what I can and can't do has become more important. 
There have been tons of days here and there that I haven't felt well, but when you are dealing with taking new medication- those days all come one right after another and it is discouraging. 

You see, I'm not the type of girl that likes to be down. I don't like not feeling good and not being able to accomplish normal things. 
I know it is a season, but it is difficult. 
My mindset has changed since my diagnosis in December. 
I can't seem to shake what I'm feeling. 
Instead of relief at knowing what was wrong, I felt the weight of the words chronic disease. It feels ever present. 

I'm not sure how to get past this feeling.
Advice and prayers are gladly accepted.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Lenette. I hope you start to feel better soon. As far as advice, is there a support group (either in person or on the Internet) which might help? A place to vent, trade treatment options, or just a place to talk might be helpful to you as you navigate this disease.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!