Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Memorial Day weekend Part 2

We saw the sign for this ranch on a trip to Eureka Springs last year.
I saw "horse trail rides" and told Tim, we have to do that.
I had a horse for a while as a child and I so miss riding a horse!
He added this to my Christmas gifts and I planned our visit for Memorial Day weekend.
It has rained a TON in Arkansas lately. The roads to the ranch and cabin are very rugged and the first road has 3 low water bridges. We were very nervous anticipating leaving on Monday because we were supposed to get a lot more rain over the weekend (and we did.)
The views were so beautiful!
Our cabin was so cute!

We signed up to ride horses that evening.
The kids have rode ponies at different places, but they are always tied up.
This was their first time actually riding.
C Girl was terrified in the beginning. I think she was afraid that the horse was going to take off running with her!
She warmed up after realizing that she was going to be led by the owner holding a rope on her horse.
I was happy as a clam!
Tim had the slooooowest horse!!!
We went on an hour trail ride and it was so fun! Every once in a while one of our horses would bust out into a trot. That was a lot of fun! I was soooo sore the next day though!
My horse was Pistol, B Boy's was Stormy, and C Girl's was Apache.
Our cabin had a loft and C Girl had SUCH a big time lowering things down!
We took a walk on Sunday morning and I am just so enamored with nature.
We saw this little guy and had no idea what he was. It turns out that this is a Luna moth.
We had a very much needed relaxing weekend.
We made some very good food over the weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!