Monday, May 11, 2015

A Mother's day and birthday celebration

Here is what I posted to social media yesterday:
"Motherhood is a choice you make everyday, to put someone else's happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you're not sure what the right thing is...and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong."―Donna Ball, At Home on Ladybug FarmBoy, do I feel like I do a lot wrong! As I see so many praising their mothers this morning- that is my greatest longing. I pray that I can exemplify the woman in Proverbs 31 just a little bit. I want to do this job well. I love these kids with all of my being and pray every day that I am raising them well. I can only do this job through the strength of God. It is a hard job and these are hard times! Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers I know. I'm praying for those who are sad today because I know this day also brings grieving for so many. "When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul."
Psalms 94:19
We celebrated Mother's Day and my birthday (actual birthday is Tuesday) today. I was actually born on Mother's Day and have never minded when I've had it fall on my birthday. I woke up to banners and streamers and cards. The kids did everything themselves. I always loved the crafts they did for me (usually with help) when they were little, but there is nothing like something they created all on their own. We had a wonderful Mother's Day service and baby dedication at church and Bro. Phillip shared pictures and memories from their family today. He stressed that we can't ever do the little years of our children over- we only have one shot at it. Tim took us to Shogun Express for lunch. It was delicious! We had a rainy, relaxing afternoon and then Tim grilled Ribeyes and we had marinated mushrooms and roasted asparagus. We followed up with my birthday cake- strawberry! The kids are at a funny age. My song tonight: Happy birthday to you, you're 102. You act like a monkey and you smell like one too!  and yes, there are two sets of candles- the ones I wanted me to have and the ones the kids wanted me to have. So funny.
 It was a really good day and I do feel very loved. I love my people and I do believe they love me. You can't ask for much else, right?!
I had some very sweet and very funny cards from the kids as well!

1 comment:

  1. i had my birthday on friday! we are the same age! happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!