Saturday, April 18, 2015

Happy birthday Jessica!

Today is the birthday of a person very special to me. I still remember the day in 2008 when my brother Keith called me while he was off training before he went to Iraq. He was wanting me to send flowers to a girl that he had not even met yet. They finally met the next month and then shortly after, he shipped off for Iraq. 
While they were getting to know each other long distance, her and I were getting to know each other here at home.
I know that she was an answer to prayer during that time in my life. My kiddos were 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 and the past couple years had been hard and a blur. She loved my kids so much and became aunt Jessica before she ever officially was. We always had so much fun. We could be super silly together and we became the queens of selfies!!! In short time she became like family. She helped me out so much and went so many places with the kids and I. I really loved the times that her and I could get away together! We loved to go shopping and watch movies. As her and Keith grew closer so did we. It broke our hearts when Tim got a new job 2 hours away and we had to move away from her and our family. I was incredibly thrilled when they decided to get married!! She would officially be family and my always sister and friend! We had so much fun in the days leading up to their wedding- dress shopping, bridal shows, a shower, and spa day! I was so honored to be her maid of honor and the kids to be her flower girl and ringbearer. Happy day! We were thrilled when it was time to welcome their baby, Parker into the world! It is such a joy to be an aunt! It's incredible to see our kids together! Holidays, birthdays, and all kinds of visits in between- there is hardly a month when we aren't together. 
We may have to try a little harder now, but we make it a priority! We have had a couple of really hard times, but I'm so thankful that God has softened both of our hearts and drawn us closer together. I couldn't imagine my life without her! I'm looking forward to many more years of fun, memories, and selfies!!! Happy 30th birthday Jessica (Jessie, aunt Jessica, and bestie!)!!!!!!! I love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!