Monday, January 19, 2015

The Weekend

I cannot begin to express how touched I am by the blog comments, Facebook comments, emails, and texts. It's incredible (a) that people read that novel of a post and (b) that people took the time to write and give advice/support.  Thank you.

It's really kind of hard to lay all of that information out there about myself. I'm so glad I will have it to look back on though.

I know I said that I was going to blog everyday this month, but I decided to give myself some grace this weekend. 

I'm glad I did because I was really tired and last night I was in an incredible amount of pain. I'm still not sure if it was just pms cramps or the beginning of an obstruction. I'm terrified all of the time of that happening again. Crohn's can make pms symptoms a lot worse, so I'm hopeful that that was all it was. I don't want to constantly talk about my Crohn's, but it is part of my life now so I will talk about it when I feel the need.

------

Friday, the kids were out of school. We had the repairman for our heater come and finish fixing it and we were just really lazy all day. We introduced the kids to the first Harry Potter movie that night and B Boy is now officially obsessed. He has been pretending to be different characters and he wants to start reading the books.

Saturday morning, I took B Boy to a birthday party for one of his friends. He had a great time and I got to sit and talk with some friends from church that I rarely get to talk to!

Tim came to pick up B and brought C Girl to me so that we could have a lady date! We ate lunch at Olive Garden and then shopped at Target. It was a lot of fun to get some QT with my girl!

Saturday evening, the ladies in my book club and I all met up for dinner and to watch Wild. Since I had just read the book, it was so fresh in my mind. The movie was good, but they left SO much out from the book!
Tim has been really sick the past week and even went to the doctor on Friday. Neither him, nor I was feeling well Sunday morning, so we stayed home from church. We had a little bit during the day where we felt well enough to pick up around the house some. The house is finally starting to feel clean and normal again after Christmas. 

I'm still trying to participate in the cleaning/organizing challenge from A bowl full of Lemons. It took the entire week, but I pretty much completed the kitchen. I will be doing the laundry room this week.

I looked over and saw this on B Boy's forehead yesterday. He drew a Harry Potter scar on himself!!!!
C Girl started back to choir and GA's last night and B Boy back to RA's. They love these programs and I am SO thankful that our church offers them! 

The kiddos are out of school today and it is going to be a beautiful day. We have an appointment this afternoon, but I'm hoping we can get outside and do something! It's going to be too pretty not to! I need to store up some vitamin D!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!