Monday, March 31, 2014

Things to do in Bentonville: The Museum of Native American History

We had a really great Spring break just staying in town. This post tells about the majority of our week. On Friday, we visited a local museum (more on that below), tried our new Chipotle, and watched more March Madness. Hasn't the tournament been insanely great this year?! So many upsets! Saturday, B Boy had a birthday party for a friend at Fast Lane. He was in heaven riding go karts, playing lazer tag, and arcade games. When we returned home, we all went to walk the Crystal Bridges trail and enjoy the beautiful weather. Yesterday, we had church and then just cleaning up around the house and relaxing. The kids have been crazy about riding their bikes since they learned how. I love it!!!!!

Bentonville contains a rare gem. That gem is the Museum of Native American History
This place has been on my list for a long time, but we just never got around to visiting. 
I wasn't sure what the deal was with it, or honestly, how good it would be.

Well, let me calm your fears. It was awesome! It was totally way more than I expected. And it has free admission!
So. First off, kids can find arrowheads in the rocks outside and they get to keep one for free. You can also buy arrowheads inside.

My kids are 7 and 8. I thought it was the perfect beginning age for this museum.
It is pretty big and took us about an hour to go through it.
You get a handheld device and you push in the number of each exhibit to hear a little bit about each one.
C Girl was so into this part.

I was in awe of how many artifacts this place held and how old some of them were.
We are the kind of people who love museums and I'm so happy that we finally experienced this one!
I won't bore you with the tons of pictures I took, but I did have to share some, because I just want to share how awesome I thought this museum was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!