Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring break happenings {and the William S. Paley Collection}

Spring break has been really pleasant so far. We made cookies, went to the library and I got my hair done on Monday. On Tuesday, we invited over B Boy's friend and his little sister. All four kids had a blast and I got to chat with their momma/my friend! I had meant to take a picture of them, but I totally forgot!
Wednesday was chore day. I had to renew tags for the van, get an oil change, and get B some cleats for baseball. But, we also went to TCBY, played battleship, and Tim and I watched a movie while the kiddos watched their own. I also stayed up incredibly too late working on a photo book for 2012. I am trying to get caught up to current on having photos documented.

Today we visited Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, watched the Wizard of Oz (the kids LOVED it!), and we are watching the NCAA sweet sixteen games now.

Here is more about our trip to the museum--


Degas, Cezanne, Matisse, Renoir, Gauguin, Picasso. 
These are some of the most well known names in modern art. We stood in the presence of artwork from these masters today. The William S. Paley collection that usually resides at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City is currently at Crystal Bridges. 
What an amazing opportunity this is to view these amazing works of art!
If you can, go check it out!
The museum also has kid activities going on this week, and we had a lot of fun doing an art scavenger hunt through the museum.

3 comments:

  1. What a cool museum! I love the LOVE pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when people post pictures of their family by that LOVE piece. One of these days I need to get my family up there for one.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!