Monday, March 3, 2014

Spring..... wherefore art thou?!

Well, we are still in the throes of winter here. Yes, it is March here and I suppose it actually is not officially spring until the 20th, but still.
We received a couple of inches of sleet and about 3 inches of snow on top of that Sunday. 
School was out today and is out again tomorrow. 
I feel like our routine has become every other week having multiple snow days and then I spend the next few days trying to get the house and life back in order after being snowed in. 
I'm really kind of ready for warmth, sunshine and routine!
Come on Spring!!!

Being snowed in makes me feel like last week was forever ago! 
Thursday, I watched a friend's 1 yo for a bit so she could go to an appointment. It was so fun! You do forget quickly how busy little ones are! 
Thursday evening, Tim had a basketball tournament at school, so he took the kids to that. They love going to ball duty with him.

Friday morning, I did a little shopping. I was mainly going out for groceries, but I did make a stop at Target. 
I always want everything in that store. I don't let myself go there much because of that!
Friday evening, our poor girlie got sick. It's so sad when your kiddos get sick.

Since C Girl was not feeling the greatest, our Saturday was very low-key. 
We relaxed, but we were able to still be pretty productive! 
We got ready for the winter weather moving in, I gave B Boy a haircut, I finally started our taxes, we did laundry and cooked, and watched a GREAT Razorback basketball game!

The winter weather did come on Sunday so we decided to stay home from church and hunker down. 
C girl was still not feeling the best either. 
We watched Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. 
Indiana Jones movies are some of my favorite of all time! It was so fun sharing that with the kiddos! They became fans after we saw the Indiana Jones show at Disney World!

Sunday night was Oscars night!
I had not seen any of the movies except Captain Phillips and Frozen :-)
I do now want to see Dallas Buyers Club, American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Her.
I just love watching award shows, especially when the host is great!
I really thought Ellen did a great job!
There were a couple of awkward moments, but overall she is funny without being mean.

She also took this selfie and broke Twitter.
Love.It.
I believe it has become the most re-tweeted photo ever.
It currently has over 3 MILLION retweets. Crazy.

I need to add in real quick that Blogger does not recognize "selfie" and "retweet" as words. Ha!

I woke up this morning with a terrible crick in my neck.
It has been super painful all day and I can barely move my head.
I've been trying really hard to rest it.

C Girl is still feeling puny today :-( I'm not sure what is wrong because she doesn't seem to have any symptoms besides not feeling well.

We are out of school again tomorrow.
It makes snow day #13 for the school year.
We've had snowy winters before, but I cannot remember a winter that had so many storms and that spanned December, January, February, AND March!
Usually, we get the heavy stuff only in January and February.
 We have had tons of birds lately. We had some beautiful cardinals visiting yesterday. They were eating like crazy before all of the bad weather came!
I just finished a book about Kate Middleton(the Duchess of Cambridge) and between that and Downton Abbey, I am now officially obsessed with the royal family!
Are any of you as obsessed as I am?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!