Thursday, February 13, 2014

A week of red, friends & love

My sweet, sweet, hilarious friend, Jenn invited me and some other friends to attend the NWA Go Red for Women luncheon on Tuesday.

We all had a lot of fun!  The food was great and I'm still dreaming about the maple cream sauce that my pecan crusted chicken was bathing in.  I'm seriously going to have to re-create that stuff!

Rachael Ray was a guest speaker and I was so excited to hear from her!
I adore her down to earth, laid back personality so much!
How beautiful are these ladies?!

If you think about it, would you pray for Jenn tomorrow? She is having surgery that relates to her breast cancer journey.  Please pray that the surgery goes smoothly (no complications!) and that her recovery is the best that it can be.  I know she has to be anxious about everything.  I know I certainly would be.  Please pray that her heart and mind are filled with peace as she takes on this final hurdle.

It's no secret that February and I don't always get along.  It is usually dreary, cold, and not much going on.  This week has been a little tough on me.  I'm not sure if it is the dreariness, the fact that I didn't feel well, or just normal hormonal issues, but I am so ready for some sunshine and warmth on my skin.
The days are starting to get longer too! Hooray!

I'm looking forward to yoga today and then tomorrow, I'm celebrating Valentine's day, first with the kids, and then tomorrow night with my love!  
The kids and I are going to have a "party."  That stands for: baking pink cupcakes with cherry icing, painting some Valentine's wooden crafts and watching Be my Valentine Charlie Brown!

Tim and I are going to a dinner theater at our church that is also a fundraiser for our youth group for a mission trip to Ecuador. 
I'm looking forward to it and I've heard the food is going to be great!
I'll sign up for good food, a show, and childcare!!! LOL.

I love Valentine's Day, but I know that not everyone shares that sentiment.
Whether you have someone to share the day with or not, God loves you more than any love that can be found here on earth.

Love is not reserved for one day.
Our love should not just be shown with words, but always by our actions and how we live our lives.

1 John 3:16-18
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

Psalm 63:3
Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!