Sunday, December 22, 2013

'Twas the weekend before Christmas

Friday, the kiddos had a fun day at school watching movies.  B Boy had a PJ day too!  They were excited for Christmas break!
Yesterday, I took C Girlie to see The Nutcracker at The Walton Arts Center.
Three years ago, I had taken her to see The Nutcracker at the Arend Arts Center.
She didn't remember it, so this was like the first time for her.
It was great!
She did have some funny revelations- 1. she was upset that there were not words. 2. she didn't know that boys did ballet.  3. she is not one to easily express gratitude or compliments, but I do think she liked it.  She's just funny about expressing deep emotion, lol.
I hope this is something that we can enjoy doing through the years.  I love taking her to plays and ballets.
 We had church this morning.  I always love church services right around Christmas where we sing traditional Christmas hymns.  
C Girl and I made some candy covered pretzels this afternoon.  She had the very important job of pouring sprinkles on them!
This evening, I met three friends at the movies to see Saving Mr. Banks.
It was SO, SO good!!!!  
I knew it was about how the movie Mary Poppins came to be, but I had no idea what the movie was really about.  It was a beautiful story and a beautifully made movie. Go see it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!